Jack and I, Leslie, and their sons and daughter, cannot thank you adequately for your continuing prayers on his behalf. Rehab is apparently going well after three intensive days. Mark is exhausted but seemingly in good spirits. He’s called us on the phone which is exciting. I have a sore throat and nasal congestion which is so unusual for me –so have not seen him for a few days.
The cards and other expressions of love and care mean so much to him and tangibly let him know he is not alone in this trial. There’s a whole family out there….God’s family and we are so very thankful for you!
Please pray for the following:
1. That Mark would not become discouraged or depressed but that he would walk in obedience, giving thanks in everything, being anxious about not one single thing…and remembering God is sovereign. The Psalmist wrote, “it is good that I have been afflicted that I might learn Your statutes”. It is my heart’s desire that Mark will say the same and that he would come to know God in a way he has never known Him before.
2. That God would be so glorified in Mark, in all that happens in his room, and in all of us…Pray for outstanding physical therapy, nurses and attendants who love their profession, give it their all, and understand their patient.
3. Mark’s right side is weak….his right leg shakes and he cannot walk on it and trust it to hold him. Pray for that right side and leg.
4. His mental acuteness and cognitive ability. He carries on good conversations but his short term memory still falters. He cannot always find the right words.
5. Pray for Leslie as she has so much on her right now. She needs wisdom, courage and strength. I am so proud of her. Pray that she will be healed of her fibromyalgia which has been so bad.
6. Pray for Mark’s eating…he has no appetite. He needs good nutrition. Pray the hospital will allow him to take Juice Plus. He needs those 17 fruits and vegetables with all their phytonutrients.
7. Pray God will protect him from all infections.
8. Pray that he will soon beable to read the Word and concentrate and that it will go deep into rich soil and bear a great harvest.
9. Pray for Jack and myself and that we will have great wisdom in how to be all we should be to our son and his family.
10. Would you also pray for Jack…we went away to a lake house loaned to us and came home the next day (Monday) as Jack was feeling so weak in his legs…and he came in just yesterday afternoon just feeling so weak in the legs….pray we will know if it is a side-effect from a medicine he stopped taking or if there is something else wrong.
11. One last thing….since I am on a roll….when this happened to Mark, I was suppose to go take care of my mother who will be 95 next month…couldn’t go…she is soooo tired and wants to die.. If you would, please pray for her, Leah, I would appreciate it – God’s timing. And if God wants me to see her one more time that I will be able to get there.
Love to you all….by the way, I am doing great. For this we have Jesus…and having Jesus we stand in the lavish grace of God.
Love to you all,